How to handle P1 INC, major issues (MI) and SLA-based issues
What is a P1 incident?
Every business has its own definition of a P1 incident, it depends on the SLA and how the issue impacts the business. Depending on the impact and urgency, a major incident will be categorized as a P1 or P2. Incident Coordinators utilize a priority matrix to determine the appropriate impact and urgency.
How the Oracle Exadata team in Maxima handles P1 tickets (incidents)
Whenever there is a direct business impact or any SLA for a client then the application team assigns a P1 Incident ticket for the Exadata team to troubleshoot and solve the issue without missing any SLA.
SLA is a Service Level Agreement between the client and application owner to deliver service within a specified time period.
The Exadata team is proactive and gets quickly in action (response and work towards a solution) within 3-5 minutes of the time frame for every P1 incident which is assigned to the Exadata queue with ON CALL support. We always met the agreed SLA from an incident management perspective, our specialists have been appreciated by our clients many times thanks to that.
A dedicated queue manager handles Incidents opened by the application team and clients. The queue manager is a highly technical person that involves another technical person depending on the type of the issue and severity of the ticket. Our queue manager continuously monitors the tickets in the queue to avoid any failure in attending P1 Incidents.
Technical team steps in
The technical team gets involved immediately, within 3-5 minutes of time span. They join the Major Incidents calls and Command Center calls to avoid any SLA violations and prevent negative business impact.
1) The Application teams reach out to the Major Incident team to open Bridge Call for coordination if the P1 can cause a high impact to business or operations across the global application/database environments.
2) The Major Incident team will coordinate with cross departments when required and involve specific teams on the bridge.
3) Our DBA team will also follow the escalation process, if required they will involve Infra Lead (L4) on the bridge.
4) The DBA team sends frequent communications to Management/Business/Stakeholders on the Major Incident issue progress.
5) Problement team will coordinate with teams that owned the Major Incident ticket to find the Root Cause (RCA).
If you want your business to be safe and need a team that quickly takes care of all Incidents, contact us!