Global Infrastructure Maintenance and Support
For over 10 years, Maxima’s expert team was responsible for 24/7/365 maintenance and support of a critical database for a global asset management and financial services institution.
Executive Summary / Key Highlights
- The DBA and SA On-Call support team works in shifts
- Provide Exadata, Netezza, OS, Hardware and Database support to all the business environments
- Including Production, DR, BUAT, UAT and DEV.
One of the world's largest asset management and financial services institutions.
Our client needed 24/7/365 M&S for their critical databases. Maxima was selected as the sole support provider after a previous big name vendor was unable to meet our client expectations.
For over 10 years Maxima is proud to support one of the most critical database infrastructures for our client as well as for the financial services industry. Utilizing our onshore/offshore capabilities we've been successful in delivering a follow the sun model support plan with 0 escalations til date.
- Configuration of Goldengate components for unidirectional and bidirectional replications and maintained data synchronization.
- Support of different OGG versions Ex. 12c,18c,19c
- Support of Installation, configuration, upgrades, migration activities in Goldengate
- Performing activities like initial load, syncing source and target with real time data flow, XAG configuration
- Monitoring OGG processes using OEM and Shell script, created shell scripts to identify Goldengate errors
- Troubleshooting day in day out performance issues related to Goldengate
- Troubleshooting various Goldengate issues like Data mismatch,character set conversion,TCP/IP connection, etc
- Experience using defgen and Log dump utilities in-order to resolve the issues in Goldengate
- Documentation of all Oracle Goldengate installations, configurations
- Performed POCs on Goldengate Microservices
- Migration of Goldengate processes from ZFS file-system to ACFS file-system
- Configuration of Oracle ACFS Replication to ensure high availability of services
Day to Day tasks
- Process Creation
- Loading Existing data from source to target
- Synching up source and target with real time data flow
- Ensuring high availability for goldengate
- Monitoring Using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Monitoring using shell scripting
- Installation of Goldengate
- Goldengate Upgrades
- Golden Gate Migrations
- Goldengate Patching
- Performance Issues
- Troubleshooting OGG-Errors